Premier Composite Technologies is collaborating with Farr Yacht Design to design and build a next generation, all carbon, one design 40ft racing Yacht.
The 40ft, high performance design that has heavily involved pro-sailor Dee Smith as project consultant, will be launched from the PCT headquarters in Dubai in Spring 2011 with early orders to be delivered in late Spring/Summer 2011.
Built by the team of PCT who have proven experience in crafting one design yachts to create an aggressive one design racer that is technically consistent, ensuring absolute equal performance across the whole class.
Some of the main features of the new FARR 400 will be;
- All major geometry is created by precision 5-axis milling ensuring complete accuracy.
- The hull has been carefully modelled with a powerful fore body to increase dynamic lift reflecting the latest CFD research.
- A wide stern with a partial chine reduces drag and improves high speed handling.
- The deck layout is a proven arrangement developed from experience with the GP42 and TP52 fleets.
- The huge cockpit provides unfettered space for a crew of 8 and a standard pedestal. The pedestal will drive the primary winches allowing for high speed hoists, gybes, and douses (when using the inboard take down system.) The pedestal will also control the high aspect ratio lifting keel (2m/up and 2.9m/down).
- This keel arrangement provides maximum righting moment while still allowing access to shallow venues.
- With a ballast ratio of nearly 60% and sail areas to match, the Farr 400 delivers exceptional upwind performance in all conditions with exciting speed downwind and reaching.